This is a WISH LIST only… should anyone be interested in knowing more about them please contact me at email@example.com for more detail.
- We are very grateful to the SAKKA foundation for the many years that they funded our daily food bill, however, they are no longer able to continue their support and we will need to find new donors. Right now we average about $1000.00 a month (that does not include the rice). Any assistance would be appreciated.
- Our gardens and grassy areas require a lot of work and most of it is done by the hands of our one worker and assistance from the children. Our lawnmower has only 3 wheels and a handmade metal blade. A new one would cost about $400.00
- We are growing a lot more of our own food but cultivating is mostly done with hoes… a small cultivator would save us a lot of time and if anyone has ever done garden work in 90-degree weather you would know why we would like to have a new one. They run between $300.00 to $500.00.
- We have just finished building our new chicken house, mostly of scraped material and lumber from structures we have torn down and have purchased 250 baby chickens. So far we have spent $490.00 on this project.
- Two of our boys will be graduating from High School in a few months and both are interested in becoming chefs. There is a new school that has a two-year course (Academy of Culinary Arts Cambodia) but the cost is $6000.00 for the course. I hesitate to even tell them about it because that is a bit out of our range but if anyone is interested in pledging some money towards this let me know so I can begin working on getting them in. If it doesn’t work out your pledge will not be needed. $2000.00 has been raised for this. Thanks, Bonnie!
- In 2017 The SAKKA Foundation raised the funds to install Solar Panels on our property. At the time it was connected to the government grid and it worked very well, cutting our electric bill substantially… we did not feel batteries were needed at the time. Unfortunately, the power company fell into private hands and when they saw the dials turning backward they felt we were cheating them and so they demanded we disconnect the panels from their grid. Along came COVID and trying to raise funds for even our basic needs became difficult. The panels still work but we need to buy batteries in order to create an off-grid system. Our best estimate from a local company was $14,000.00. If anyone knows about Solar systems we would love to get them working again.
We need to buy at least one more used motorcycle for our High School students who must travel four kilometers to school. Presently they are riding 3 or 4 on each of the two motorbikes we have. The approximate cost is $500.00 for a “good” used one.Funded… Thanks, Bonnie! We have three washing machines that are in almost continuous use. All of them have broken down and the kids are now washing by hand. We will try to have them fixed (again) but a new machine or machines would be nice. The estimated cost per machine is $300.00.Funded… Thanks, Bonnie! Our next project is building a home for pigs since we produce a lot of edible waste from the kitchen and garden We had a building once used as a residence for staff but no longer suitable for residence because of its proximity to the crematorium and the supposed Spirits that live around it… and so we decided to make use of it instead of building a new structure. Tearing it down hasn’t cost us much and when finished we will have space for two or three pigs which will cost approximately $50.00 each should anyone wish to help us out. Funded… Thanks, Donna, Linda, Vicky, and Sandy!