TO Child Club Leaders of 5 Clubs
The training was done on 15-16 July 2021 at the meeting room of Partners in Compassion-PC organization in Wat Oport Center, Bati district, Takeo province. There were 15 (M4, F11) who attended that training. The training was facilitated by Mr. Meas Sambath, technical adviser of Cambodia Center for the Child Protection of Children’s Rights Organization-CCPCR and supported by PC.
The purpose of the training is to improve the capacity of child club leaders to understand leadership and facilitation, especially the leader of the club of the children club, which can lead a child to have the ability to do proper activities to receive better knowledge and development.
The main topics of the training:
- The understanding the leadership and facilitation,
- The understanding the key principle of the child club,
- The key article of the main leaders of the child that need a leader to respond to,
- The responsibilities to practice child club by children themself,
Training activities and results
- Participants discussed some examples with significant articles of leaders that relate to the rights of the child. Children were able to share some ideas such as all people including, non-discrimination between poor and rich people, non-violence. The child understood the purpose of Leadership and Facilitation.
- Participants learned the principle of Child leadership and facilitation. They were able to provide some examples about child participation, non-discrimination, and the best interests of children for leading and development.
- Participants understood clearly what leadership and facilitation is, and what the need’s and wants are. Children discussed some articles relate to the main leadership anfacilitation of the child. They understood more about the rights that they need to claim from adults especially from their parents for leading and facilitation.
- Participants can share some activities that they can practice for receiving the experience from others, such as they are able to practice child club, make effort to learn for development, make effort in child club meetings and school jobs for improving child leadership and facilitation.